We love the convenience of protein bars, but not the price. With a little planning, you can make them yourself with all the things you love about the purchased bars. You can choose to leave out the extra spices if you like! The best part about making your own is how customizable everything becomes.
Makes 2 small sheet pans or 1 large sheet pan
1 cup raw untoasted pecans
1 cup raw untoasted cashews
1 cup Farm To Muscle egg white protein powder
20 large medjool dates, pitted
1-3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon cardamom
1 tablespoon ground ginger
¼ cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
1. Line or spray a sheet pan with sides. Set aside.
2. In a food processor, add the pecans, cashews, egg white protein powder, and dates. Pulse until you have small pieces. If the mixture seems dry and not sticky, add one tablespoon of water until you get a sticky consistency.
3. Add in the cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and coconut flakes. Pulse until the mixture comes together.
4. Using damp hands, press the mixture evenly into the sheet pan, pressing firmly.
5. Place in the refrigerator or freezer for an hour to fully set the bars. Use a very sharp knife to cut squares. To store, I wrapped each one in a small piece of parchment paper and kept in the freezer. I pulled a few out every evening so I had them ready to go with me in the morning.