We can’t think of a more versatile food than homemade granola. You can use it for breakfast with milk or without, as an after-school snack, on your yogurt parfait for a little crunch, or just by the handful. This one is packed with protein to keep you full for hours.
Makes 3 ½ cups of granola
3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
¼ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
¼ cup pecans, chopped
¼ cup almonds, chopped
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cardamom
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ cup whey protein powder
½ cup water
3 tablespoons coconut oil
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla
¼ cup local honey
½ cup dried fruit of choice, optional
1. Heat your oven to 325 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add the oats, coconut, pecans, almonds, ginger, cardamom, and cinnamon and gently toss together.
3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the whey protein powder, water, coconut oil, and salt. Whisk the mixture until smooth and creamy. Just before it begins to boil, remove from heat and add the vanilla and honey.
4. Pour over the oat mixture and stir until they are fully coated. Spread the mixture on the lined sheet pan evenly. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
5. If you are using dried fruit let it cool a little (5-7 minutes) and mix in. Store in a lidded container for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!