Carrot Ginger Soup
When you need a comfort food quickly, whip up this carrot ginger soup. With the extra protein added, you should be kept full for hours. This is also naturally dairy-free and perfect for the cool temperature months!
Makes about 6 cups total
1 tablespoon avocado oil
1 yellow onion, medium dice
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons ginger, peeled and minced
6 cups of carrots, peeled and medium dice
3-4 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
1 can coconut milk
2 scoops egg white powder
2 tablespoons toasted pumpkin seeds, for serving, optional
- In a large pot add the avocado oil and medium dice onion. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger. Continue cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add the medium dice carrots and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth. Cover and cook over medium heat for 18-20 minutes or until the carrots have softened.
- When the carrots are soft, let the soup cool for 5-10 minutes before continuing.
- Using an immersion blender or high-speed blender (be sure to vent since you are working with a hot liquid), blend until smooth.
- Return to the cooking pot and add the coconut milk.
- Adjust seasoning and serve. Add toasted pumpkin seeds if desired for garnish.