Packed with protein but oh so tasty that even the picky eaters will get what they need with a few of these broccoli bites. These are also great for make ahead lunches for the week since they keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Makes 12 'bites'
1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package instructions
1 ½ cups broccoli
1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
1 ½ teaspoons pepper
2 scoops Farm to Muscle egg white protein powder
¼ cup water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin tin or line with liners, set aside.
- Add all to a food processor and pulse. You are trying to get small even pieces not paste. If you don’t have a food processor finely dice the broccoli and mix altogether until it holds together.
- Using a large ice cream scoop portion the mixture into the tin. Pat down each one. If your fingers stick wet them slightly and pat each down flat.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes or until golden brown. Let them cool in the pan for 5-7 minutes before trying to remove. If you used liners let them fully cool so they don’t stick to the papers or spray the papers before adding the quinoa mixture.
- Serve with a mixed green salad and your favorite dressing. These will keep under refrigeration for up to 3 days. These also work well for make ahead lunches. Enjoy!